Wednesday 22 February 2012

Coming Home



I was returning home from Aylesbury in the car. I haven't done this journey in daylight for a while, with the dark evenings. As I came off the A41 at Bourne End, its a nasty exit, a very tight curve so you need to slow down so you are quite slow, I was greeted by a sign erected in a field.


Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


It was nice - so unexpected. I was driving slow enough that I could read most of the verse., before I was past the sign and negotiating the roundabout.


Sometimes messages appear to us in the most unexpected places. We must not only look out for them , but take notice and act upon them.

St Mary's Church is at the moment thinking about changing their signs, to make the church more visible. Perhaps the signs we put up should be different to the ones saying "Here is St Mary's".

Perhaps the message should be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment